The second phase of research “Benchmarking of 3D body scanning measurement methods” will take place in Spain from October 14 to 18 based on the Institute of Biomechanics, Valencia (IBV). The research is conducted by the international commission for standardization IEEE 3D Body Processing (3DBP), which also includes Texel. The objective of the commission is to develop the international standard in order to handle 3D models of a human being within the program IEEE SA Industry Connections.
During the research, anthropometric data of people will be collected, using various measurement technologies:
- traditional measurement methods – past;
- 3D scanning technologies – present;
- smartphone apps – future.
The main objectives of the research:
- to estimate reliability and compatibility of body measurement results collected using various measurement technologies,
- to give examples of data sets produced in process of measurements,
- to prepare data for IEEE 3DPB initiative for development and testing of measurement quality metrics.
See detailed information about the research at IEEE website.